• alcohol, deodorants and perfumes should not be used near sheesham wood furniture and/or décor as some chemicals in these types of products may harm the finish of the wood.
• dust regularly using a slightly moistened cotton or microfiber dusting cloth. Polish occasionally with any wood safe polish available through your local grocery or variety store to restore the wood’s shine.
• sheesham wood furniture and/or decor should not be exposed to extreme humidity changes.
• moisture may cause the wood to expand and contract, which can result in cracking.
• in order to prevent staining and warping of your beautiful sheesham wood furniture, always use mats and coasters when placing any food or beverage item on the furniture. Do not place any hot item on the furniture directly. If liquid spills over it, immediately wipe it with a sponge or towel.
• Although mango wood is fairly water-resistant, it is advised that you do not clean it by applying water to the surface and removing with a sponge.
• wipe down periodically with a slightly damp or dry dust cloth that contains no heavy stitching, in order to avoid scratches.
• avoid all cleaning tools with a rough surface.
• avoid polish or cleaning products containing silicone, which can dry out natural wood over time.
• do not use detergents or any cleaning products that contain ammonia.
• be careful when using a liquid or spray polish, as residue left on the surface can lead to discoloring.
• rub wax in to the wood to create a beautiful shine and a natural protective finish. It also prevents the wood from drying out.
• Mineral oil can be applied using a cloth. This will build up over time to produce a protective surface.
• Minor scratches and chips can be repaired with furniture touch-up pens or soft wax filler.